President Biden Nominates Doug Dziak to the Consumer Products Safety Commission
On Monday, March 27th President Biden announced the nomination of Doug Dziak to the Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC). Dziak is currently Chief Counsel to CPSC Commissioner Peter A. Feldman and has spent almost a decade in public service. Prior to joining CPSC, Dziak served as Staff Director and General Counsel on the U.S. Senate Committee on the Budget and on the staff of Senators Michael B. Enzi (R-WY) and George V. Voinovich (R-OH). If confirmed, Dziak will fill the seat vacated by former Commissioner Dana Baiocco (R) and the CPSC would be comprised of 3 Democrats and 2 Republicans, whose terms would be as follows:
- Doug Dziak (R) to October 2024.
- Mary Boyle (D) to October 2025.
- Peter Feldman (R) to October 2026.
- Alexander Hoehn-Saric (D) to October 2027.
- Richard Trumka (D) to October 2028.